We are pleased to welcome you to our new project – the journal City: History;Culture;Society. It has been established with a view of further promotion of urban studies in the Ukrainian humanitarian space. We strongly believe that the Journal will become a significant forum for researchers dealing with political;cultural;social history in the urban context;as well as contribute to methodological discussions.
The key objectives of the Journal are as follows:
- establishing the platform for studying and discussing the issues relating to urban history;cultural and social life;
- intensification and institutionalization of urban studies research;
- broadening the readership and database of authors through e-format;with prospective new formats i.e. video lectures;e-conferences;etc.). The editorial board is always open for any cooperation.
The key objective is to improve the level of the urban studies research as a significant component of the historiographical process.
The Journal will offer the research findings on a variety of urban studies issues;including urban history;urban culture development;the phenomenon of the city within the global historical process. In this context we are guided by the principle of extending;not narrowing;the urban studies framework. Thus;articles on gender studies;history of emotions;urban eco-history;urban society;municipal economy;city urban) folklore;social groups;etc. are welcome.
Recognizing the importance of the mentioned objectives;we are fully aware of the fact that the academic community needs a completely new quality level of the Journal. We make a conscious choice to use every effort to develop a globally competitive scientific product. This is the basic principle of the Editorial Board activities.
- ll submitted articles are to be selected by editors according to their topical relevance. The basic selection principle is proper quality and adequate scientific level. The articles which present completed research and have not been published before will be accepted for publication.
- The Journal is peer-reviewed. The editorial selection is followed by an external anonymous review double-blind review) by outside experts in a specified field. Their report on a submitted article is a governing factor with regard to the editors’ publication decision. The review is concluded by informing the author of its results.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to ask for a revision and resubmission of the article.
- Republication of the articles for example;in case of its translation) is to be noted.
- Articles with the plagiarized content are not accepted for publication.
- The editors reserve the right not to explain the reasons for rejecting an article.
- Authors are in charge for correct and reliable references. Inaccurate reference information or unreliable sources can cause rejecting an article or referring it back for revision.
- All publications are free as the Journal is a not-for-profit